Area Manager – Northern Ireland (Full-time/Permanent)
Gordons Chemists are Northern Ireland's largest Independent Pharmacy chain, with over 60 stores throughout Northern Ireland and Scotland.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Senior Management team of a well-established leading Pharmacy Chain. The successful candidate will work with company directors and have significant responsibility for the operational, business development and commercial direction of several branches in Northern Ireland.
This position is based in Northern Ireland working remotely across our Northern Ireland stores primarily in Down /Armagh /Tyrone and the surrounding areas. Flexibility to work across all stores in Northern Ireland is required.
The role will be primarily Monday to Friday 9.00am to 6.00pm (40 hours per week); however, given the senior level of the role you will be expected to fulfil all aspects of the role, which may result in working outside these core hours.
Role Overview / Key Responsibilities:
- Support Directors to execute Company Vision and Core Values.
- Ensure all branches are compliant to Company and Pharmacy procedures;
- Provide clear direction to the Pharmacy Managers to ensure achievement of stores objectives;
- Responsible for ensuring all branches are providing excellent patient care and customer service;
- Provide professional specialist operational direction to store on professional matters and business development;
- Complete and deliver all pharmacist and pharmacy services in store when required;
- Analyse figures and drive business improvement;
- Responsible for the delivery of safe, legal and profitable pharmacy services;
- Assist in the compliance and monitoring of company and professional standard operating procedures;
- Approve all staffing rotas whilst managing store labour hours;
- Responsible for regulatory compliance;
- Assist in the daily delivery of Human Resources activities;
- Manage a large team of pharmacists and store staff;
- Recruit, retain, mentor and develop pharmacy and retail teams;
- Participate and lead projects when required;
- Other reasonable duties as required.
- Degree in Pharmacy – BPharm or MPharm or equivalent;
- Registered with The Pharmaceutical Society (PSNI);
- Five years post qualified pharmacist experience;
- Three years experience at Pharmacy Manager level;
- Previous experience within Community Pharmacy;
- Strong track record of delivering exceptional patient care and customer service;
- Proficient in pharmacy computer systems and Microsoft applications;
- An up to date knowledge of changes within pharmacy;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage effectively at all levels of the business and external stakeholders;
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement initiatives;
- Self-driven and the ability to work on own initiative;
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload and adhere to deadlines;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Be a strong motivator;
- Be a strong people manager with excellent leadership skills;
- Flexible attitude to work;
- Willingness to travel to all company sites (Northern Ireland & Scotland) if required;
- Clean & Valid Driving licence;
- Eligibility to work in UK.
- Previous experience at or assisting at Area Management level;
- Previous experience operating McLernons Pharmacy Manager computer system;
- Previous experience working as a pharmacist in Northern Ireland;
We reserve the right to amend criteria in order to facilitate shortlisting.
The successful candidate will receive an attractive remuneration package. Excellent salary and benefits package including; Company Car, Pension, PSNI fees paid, 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days and staff discount.
Applications should be made in writing accompanied by a current C.V. detailing why you believe you are suitable and how you meet the relevant criteria.
All applications should be forwarded to Corina Marshall, Human Resources Manager by email to email@example.com or by post to Gordons Chemists, 74 Scarva Road, Banbridge, Co. Down, BT32 3QD, Northern Ireland.
Friday 22 January 2021