Dispensary Assistant (Full Time / Permanent)
- Assist in preparation of prescriptions and delivery of professional services;
- Assist Pharmacist in providing an efficient, accurate and safe dispensing service in store, ensuring patient confidentiality;
- Assist Pharmacist with other dispensary related tasks e.g. orders, date checks, receiving prescriptions etc;
- Assist on the medicines counter when required;
- Providing knowledge / up to date advice on our product ranges;
- Delivery and collection of prescriptions when required;
- Stock maintenance;
- Provide exceptional customer service;
- Maintain professional standards of dress and grooming;
- General Housekeeping;
- Retail and other duties as required.
- Have an interest in Pharmacy and Dispensing;
- Be hard working and enthusiastic;
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service;
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills;
- Have the ability to work as part of a team;
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy;
- Previous experience of using computer systems;
- Flexible to work in local Gordons Chemist branches;
- Eligibility to work in UK.
- Previous relevant dispensary experience;
- Good understanding of professional services;
- Previous relevant experience in a similar environment;
- Previous experience working and advising on the OTC Counter;
- NPA Interact qualification or equivalent recognised qualification or be willing to complete this qualification;
- NPA Dispensary Assistants qualification or equivalent recognised qualification or be willing to complete this qualification.;
- Full UK driving licence.
We reserve the right to amend criteria in order to facilitate shortlisting.
This position is Full Time and Permanent, working 5 days per week Monday to Saturday as per shop rota.
Gordons Chemists, 9 Sugar Island, Newry BT35 6HT.
Closing Date for all applications:
Tuesday 13th October 2020.
Completed application forms should be returned to: HR Department, Gordons Chemists, 74 Scarva Road, Banbridge, Co. Down, BT32 3QD, N. Ireland.
If you are unsuccessful or not shortlisted for interview you will receive correspondence by email. If an email address is not provided then correspondence will be by post.
Gordons Chemists is an Equal Opportunities Employer.